08 Feb Mixed Fruit Smoothie Bowl
Serves Two People
This is the perfect smoothie bowl for using up whatever fruit and veggies you have leftover. My go to fruits for a smoothie are banana, pineapple and berries. I also love to mix a vegetable in so usually go for spinach or kale. Oranges are great in a smoothie as they add to the vitamin C content as well as giving a citrus tang.
- 1 banana – leave the skin on for extra nutrients
- A large handful of berries
- ¼ large pineapple or ½ small pineapple
- 1 orange peeled
- Handful of a leafy green vegetable
- Handful of ice
- Water – quantity depends on desired consistency so add water gradually.
- Yoghurt – As plant based eater we use a soya or almond milk yogurt but any yoghurt will do.
- 1 tablespoon nut or seed butter
- Toppings – granola, cacao nips, seeds, nut or seed butter.
- In order to get that smoothie bowl consistency you want to add more ice than water, otherwise the smoothie bowl will be less frozen ad more runny.
- In leaving the skin on the banana, chop the ends off the skin. Adding the skin tends to work better on riper bananas.
- Add a dash of water to the blender and add ice, yoghurt, leafy veggies and banana.
- Once these have blended and there is more room in your blender add the rest of the ingredients and as much more water as desired. Remember you can always add water but you can’t take it away, so add the water gradually.
- Add your toppings.